Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tales of a Cloth Diapering Addict

I am so in love with our cloth diapers. I love everything about them, from the money saving aspects, to the super cute designs, to the green aspects.

This past weekend, I went to a cloth diapering 101 class held by Jack Be Natural (www.JackBeNatural.com). I have been using all pocket diapers so far, but I wanted to learn about other types and make sure that what I have is really what I want. I must say, I am floored by all the cloth diapers that are available. There is no way someone can tell me that cloth diapering is too expensive! Or hard! Seriously, with prefolds being so cheap, anyone can do this! Maybe some people find it a little intimidating at first, but really, there's nothing to it.

Especially with the pocket diapers I use! You just snap/Velcro them on and they are simular to disposable diapers....besides the fact that you wash them after use and can use them all over again.

Don't believe me about the savings? Let me give you an example. I spent $100 on 12 pocket diapers. At the same time, I bought a box of diapers for $40. Usually, this box lasts us about a week and a half. Two weeks if we are lucky. I currently still have over half of the box of disposables (I use some while waiting for these to ship and a couple while getting my washing schedule figured out). So, for the 2 months we've been back on cloth, we spent $120ish (counting the half a box of sposies that I used). Had it just been disposables, we would have spent $160! In two months our savings is evident!

Soon we will also be switching to cloth wipes! That means even more savings. And, you van just use baby washcloths if you don't want to spend the money on wipes. How awesome is that?

Plus, really, they are just so cute!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Still not sure if cloth diapering is for you? Why not try to win one in the Thirsties Thursday giveaway and try them out for free? Here's the link! It's super easy to enter and you win 2 diapers if you are chosen!

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/blog/thirsties-thursday-giveaway-2/#comment-1494

No comments:

Post a Comment