Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New York, New York and an Indian Wedding

Wow, it's been such a busy week!  I don't even know where to start.

Last Wednesday, after the continued drama at my house, we decided to leave a little early for NY.  So, we packed up the car, packed up the baby, and hit the road.  Aidenn did some awesome traveling!  He slept until we hit a gas station around 2 am.  Woke up, ate, got changed, talked for a little bit, then back to sleep.  He woke up for breakfast and then slept the rest of the way.  Luckily, our awesome hotel let us check in early and we got some awesome naps.

The Sangeet was Thursday night.  It was amazing.  We ended up only staying for a little over an hour because it was way past bedtime for the little monster, but it was such a fun night.  A couple glasses of wine and some awesome Indian food and I was happy.  Until I found out we missed the amazing dinner that was to follow!  Guarang and Komal looked amazing and so happy.

Friday morning was the first ceremony, the Sikh ceremony.  It was, yet again, amazing.  We got there in the morning and the boys all met outside and it was just a fun party like atmosphere with all the dancing and drumming.  We finally made it inside and got to have breakfast with all the guests and the groom.  Luckily we got a sneak peak of Komal running in and she looked so beautiful.  Aidenn was having so much fun and decided he was going to clean up everyone's trash.  So, he went person to person and collected trash and took it to the trash can.  Such a sweet boy.  We didn't actually make it to the ceremony because my sweet boy needed a nap after the dancing and full belly.  But, we did get to see Komal walk in with her parents before we left.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to the Hindu ceremony later that evening because it was after bedtime again.  We both passed out super early in hopes that we could get up early the next morning for a day in the city.  We had a blast.  We walked 5+ miles to get a couple purses in China Town, had a picnic in Central Park, met Big Bird and Elmo, played on the floor piano from Big in FAO Schwarz, and visited Times Square.  It was such a great day!

Saturday night was the reception, so Aidenn and I enjoyed a night in.  It was late at night, so we went to bed early instead.  The next day, after saying all of our goodbyes, we started back to Asheville.  We detoured to Philly and got some cheese steaks on the way!
We made it back Monday morning and slept all day to catch up!  It was a much needed trip and it was amazing to see some friends that I feel like we haven't seen in so long.

Aidenn got a stuffed dog from FAO that he loves more than anything.  He sleeps with it at night now.  He carries it around and gives it hugs and kisses and feeds it all of his food.  He is so sweet.

In other news, we are moving back to Charlotte!  Like, next week!  It's going to be a great move for us and I'm looking forward to it more than anything.  We got an awesome apartment in a great area and can't wait to see what adventures come up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment