Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First Words

First words are so exciting.  Aidenn is currently saying a couple things:  mama, dada, more, and that.

Today, I picked him up from daycare, and he comes up to me and is pointing and saying "that".  I had no clue what he was pointing at.  It was a nod and smile moment.  Both his teachers just laughed....I guess they knew what was on his mind.  So, I'm getting his stuff together and he's still pointing.  I go over to where he is pointing at something, he looks up at the shelf, and says "bubble"!  And, yes, he was pointing at the bubbles!

Every new word is just an amazing thing.  I wish I could remember how proud of him that one simple word made me in 10-15 years when he is getting in trouble.  To just be able to think back to that moment today and how happy I was to hear the word bubble.  There's nothing like it.

He's also just so smart.  Yesterday he didn't know the sign for hungry.  So, instead, he improvised.  He pointed to his tummy, did the sign for more, and then pointed to his mouth.  I couldn't believe it, because he actually figured out a way to tell me.  We will definitely working on the sign for hungry next, though.

On another note, I have an interview tomorrow.  This interview will basically make my decision as to if I stay in Asheville or not.  I am not making any money here at all, so this will be a huge decision.  After rent, daycare, and babysitter, I only have about $100 a month.  This new job will give me another $3/hr, plus a set schedule, plus more opportunity to grow.  I have been pretty much guaranteed this job by the director, but I have to get through the manager first.  So, wish me lots of luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment