Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3: My parents

It's late. I'm exhausted. And Aidenn decided to take a nap until 730 pm so I know we are going to have a late night. But, in 12 days, we get to see my parents and I couldn't be more excited.

Maybe it's because we will be spending a month in Hawaii. But, I like to think that some of my excitement is seeing my parents who I haven't seen since March. The mom that still feels guilty about things that weren't her fault. The dad that didn't have to be there, but when he married my mom, he raised me like I was his own. The mom that worked 3 jobs just so she could send me to gymnastics. The dad that drove 14 hours because I wanted to come home from my father's house during one of our summer visits. The parents that gave me a place to go, and a place to start over. The parents that would do anything for me, no matter how much I screw up.

Today, I'm thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment